Monday, January 2, 2012

ONE LITTLE WORD FOR 2012

Why fierce?

I don't know. I just love the word. And of all the words I considered, it was the only one that was sticky.

So. Will I be fighting this year? Will I be loving really really hard? Will I write with intensity? I'm sure 2012 will show me all the reasons this is my one little word.

I do know this: the word makes me think Japanese culture. And I am definitely in a CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON kind of mood. Also, today I am shopping for old kimonos at the thrift store for a quilt project. We'll see what happens next!

What's your one little word for 2012?

6 comments:

  1. Accept! Accept change, accept differences, accept challenges, accept love, accept time, accept adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are so darn adorable. I love this picture and everything about this post, Fierce Irene. Here's to an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAAHAHAHAHA I've got say you have fierce look conquered.... did Eric coach you on that??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Irene, and I enjoyed your entire newsletter! I think my one little word will be "open." I intend to open doors, open my mind, and be open to ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...one word is hard. I think I'll go with dedicate. As in dedicate myself to new submissions, new work, and revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking "gumption", but fierce is good. Stronger.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?