Wednesday, November 27, 2013

#INDIESFIRST

image found here
I almost titled this post "SHOP TIL YOU DROP ON SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY," but I am not a shop-til-you-drop kind of gal! I'm more of a make-a-list-and-dash-in-and-out shopper, and I adore entrepreneurs and independents, especially book sellers. So.... I accepted Sherman Alexie's challenge and volunteered to help out one of my most favorite independent booksellers THE ALABAMA BOOKSMITH, right here in Birmingham!

Owner Jake Reiss specializes in autographed books, which make oh such special gifts... and on Saturday I will be joining other authors Don Keith, Keith Thomson and Michael Morris in the store! I'll be there from 12-1 pm. I'd love to see you!

And what books are on my shopping list? I'll be back to tell you on Friday. :) Meanwhile, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

  1. If it takes longer than ten minutes...I'm a shop till I drop shopper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Indie bookstore is doing this, too, Irene. I'll be there on Saturday to meet some wonderful authors and find some gifts for Christmas! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?