Monday, December 2, 2013

Movie Monday: CATCHING FIRE

Confession: CATCHING FIRE was my favorite book of the trilogy, so I had high expectations for the movie. And I was not disappointed! Katniss is every bit the gutsy heroine we've come to love. She's confused about some things (aren't we all) yet absolutely certain about others. She's still amazing with a bow, and the movie is enjoyable form start to finish. When the screen went black I really couldn't believe we've been in the theater for 2 1/2 hours. There was no drag at all. So far it's one of my favorite adapted from a book movie franchises. Will Hollywood wreck it by making the last book MOCKINGJAY two movies instead of one? We'll see!

Next Monday: HAPPY (a documentary)

2 comments:

  1. Ken and I went to see "Catching Fire" Friday night. We both loved it. He didn't like the end, but I told him that it's continued in "Mockingjay". Hope we don't have to wait a whole year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hate you and Sheila... I've got to get some old friends that like movies because my granddaughters went without me sad face... I'm going this weekend with or without a buddy

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?