It's been a busy week 'round these parts... and I've had the crud. Improving now, but feeling very behind! So I am going to use this opportunity to share some poetic goodness I'm more than grateful for:
1. I recently wrote poems on the topic of "what makes a good book." One called "Fishing for a Reader" was accepted for inclusion in a textbook, and the other entitled "Recipe for a Good Book" appears in the Utah Journal of Literacy. Thank you, Terry!
2. Enter to win an autographed copy of THE SKY BETWEEN US:
3. My poem "Coming to Terms" appeared at Womens' Voices for Change. This is a fantastic site. Do check it out!
4. My favorite pic from this week's visit to Forest Oaks Elementary in Chelsea, Alabama (taken by one of my favorite fellas):
|Talk to the hand.... :)|
5. I've written poems recently about Harriet Tubman and Barbara Johns. (Will share when they appear in the magazines!) Writing about history presents a unique challenge... how to stay true to the facts, but also include a surprise for the reader? For these two, I leaned heavily on metaphor. Hope it works. :)